September 28, 2016 Press Release

Firstborn is One of the Best Places to Work According to Crain’s New York Business

It’s a hat-trick!

Firstborn has been named to Crain’s 2016 “Best Places to Work in New York City” list, marking the third time this honor has been bestowed upon our crew—once before in 2011, and then again in 2014—and we couldn’t be more proud.

In addition to acknowledging our unique workplace culture, employee perks and overall love for our clients and the work we create on their behalves, the esteemed awards program calls out the best employers in NYC who are benefiting the city’s economy, workforce and businesses. And that is something to truly hang our hoodies on.

“Of all the awards in and around our industry, this is among those that holds the most meaning to us,” says Firstborn’s CEO, Dan LaCivita. “We’re coming up on 20 years in business and our course has brought with it many changes. We’ve grown in size, dove headfirst into emerging technologies and started experimenting and creating beyond where we ever thought we’d go. But one thing has always remained the same—the value we put on our people and their happiness. Without our people, we are nothing. And being able to provide them with a positive, healthy, inspiring work environment is everything. This award only further confirms that philosophy, and it’s one we certainly wear with pride.”

Out of the thousands of companies from across all five boroughs who entered the awards, 100 were selected by way of a two-part survey process that evaluated a series of company attributes. 25% of the process hung on the organization’s workplace policies, practices and philosophies, while the other 75% measured the quality of the employee experience. A list of all winners can be viewed here.

Interested in joining Firstborn? We’re hiring, so visit our careers page today!