October 1, 2014 News

Firstborn Named Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC 2014

Firstborn is proud to announce that it has been named one of Crain’s 2014 Best Places to Work in New York City. The awards program identifies and honors the best employers in the city each year, and this is Firstborn’s second recognition in the program’s seven-year history after also being named to the 2011 roster.

“Since opening Firstborn’s doors in 1997, my singular focus has been to create a special and unique place that people would want to call a home away from home. We’ve found little ways to make that happen—ranging from the fun traditions, like annual outings to Belmont Park Race Track and Peter Luger Steakhouse, to helping out with everyday life, such as covering health insurance in full and offering complimentary accounting services during tax season,” said Founder Michael Ferdman.

“There are countless industry award competitions throughout the year for the work that we do, but being named as Best Place to Work is one of the most meaningful honors we could receive because it is based on feedback provided by the people who work here, day in and day out. Firstborn is nothing without its people, and nothing is more important than making sure that they’re feeling supported and happy when they come to work each day,” said President Dan LaCivita.

The assessment process is comprised of a two-part survey. The first part, which contributed to 25% of the ranking, evaluated each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics. The second part, comprising the other 75% of the ranking, involved an employee survey that measured employee experience and opinion on their workplace. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final numerical rankings, which will be announced at an event and online at crainsnewyork.com on Friday December 5th, as well as in Crain’s New York Business’ print edition on Monday, December 8th.

This program was created by Crain’s New York Business, the Human Resource Association of New York, the Society of Human Resource Management and Best Companies Group.

For more information on the Best Places to Work in New York City program, visit www.BestPlacesToWorkNYC.com.